Change object order

First of all I love Tiled, but I would love it more if we could move the order of the objects.

Now if I want to put an object before another, I have to cut/paste them in the file with a text editor, and it would be great if there were the same arrows that allows raising/lowering the layers of the map.

Thanks in advance.

I’m sorry that there are no arrows, but there are shortcuts to change their order. Though, they only work for visual order changes (so you can only raise an object when another object is visually on top).

More details at this GitHub issue:

https://github.com/bjorn/tiled/issues/888

Well thats something… but still is not what i meant, because sometimes it raises or lower the object too much, and sometimes you need to raise or lower just one position, and if there are too many objects that wont happen. I’ll keep using it to see if I can make it work the way I intend. Thanks anyway!

Yes, the issue I linked to is still open and tagged as a “missing feature”, because I think there should also be actions for rearranging objects by single steps, without taking into account visual stacking context.

Ok, thank you very much!

You can close the thread if you want to :wink: