Layer types and default properties

I am currently working on a converter to create stages for our Nintendo Virtual Boy game engine (VBJaEngine) using Tiled. Thank you Thorbjørn for creating such a wonderful tool, it makes life so much easier! :smile:

In my maps, I make heavy use of the custom properties and I love the object type feature and its default properties. Would it be possible to extend the object type feature to also support layers? Maybe even tilesets or terrains?

(Thorbjørn Lindeijer) #2

It’s great to hear Tiled helps you out creating content for Virtual Boy games! I had a chance to try a Virtual Boy once when I was a kid. Maybe with the coming of VR it will be popular to emulate? :slight_smile:

This is definitely something I want to add. Indeed only objects have this “type” field on which the predefined custom properties are currently based, but it should really be possible to pre-define properties also for all other data types. I had already mentioned this at the bottom of the custom properties documentation (which I see also mentions some things that have been added in the meantime…).

I have opened an issue about it to make sure it isn’t forgotten:

https://github.com/bjorn/tiled/issues/1410