Tmxrasterizer fails to start on OSX

I am not able to use tmxrasterizer on OSX.
On run, I am getting the following message:

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "cocoa"
in “”.

Available platform plugins are: cocoa.

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

OSX 10.11.6
Tiled 0.16.2

Hmm, it is working fine here:

MacMini:tiled bjorn$ /Applications/Tiled.app/Contents/MacOS/Tiled --version
Tiled 0.16.2
MacMini:tiled bjorn$ /Applications/Tiled.app/Contents/MacOS/tmxrasterizer 
Usage:
  tmxrasterizer [options] [input file] [output file]

Options:
  -h --help               : Display this help
  -v --version            : Display the version
  -s --scale SCALE        : The scale of the output image (default: 1)
  -t --tilesize SIZE      : The requested size in pixels at which a tile is rendered
                            Overrides the --scale option
  -a --anti-aliasing      : Smooth the output image using anti-aliasing
     --ignore-visibility  : Ignore all layer visibility flags in the map file, and render all
                            layers in the output (default is to omit invisible layers)
     --hide-layer         : Specifies a layer to omit from the output image
                            Can be repeated to hide multiple layers

MacMini:tiled bjorn$ otool -L /Applications/Tiled.app/Contents/MacOS/tmxrasterizer 
/Applications/Tiled.app/Contents/MacOS/tmxrasterizer:
	@executable_path/../Frameworks/libtiled.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	@executable_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui (compatibility version 5.6.0, current version 5.6.1)
	@executable_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (compatibility version 5.6.0, current version 5.6.1)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 275.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Versions/A/AGL (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 120.1.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1226.10.1)

Also the Tiled.app includes Contents/PlugIns/platforms/libqcocoa.dylib, which should be the thing you’re somehow missing.

I’m on OS X 10.11.5, but I doubt that’ll make a difference. Can you expect your installation a little to see if you can find anything odd?

Is anybody else reading this on OS X who could check whether tmxrasterizer works for him?

I’ll do that and I’ll send you what I’ve noticed.

Thank you

Still no luck…

I have this file…

And this output looks the same as yours:

srdjan@gizmos-imac:~$ otool -L /Applications/Tiled.app/Contents/MacOS/tmxrasterizer 
/Applications/Tiled.app/Contents/MacOS/tmxrasterizer:
	@executable_path/../Frameworks/libtiled.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	@executable_path/../Frameworks/QtGui.framework/Versions/5/QtGui (compatibility version 5.6.0, current version 5.6.1)
	@executable_path/../Frameworks/QtCore.framework/Versions/5/QtCore (compatibility version 5.6.0, current version 5.6.1)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/DiskArbitration.framework/Versions/A/DiskArbitration (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/IOKit.framework/Versions/A/IOKit (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 275.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/OpenGL (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/System/Library/Frameworks/AGL.framework/Versions/A/AGL (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.0)
	/usr/lib/libc++.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 120.1.0)
	/usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1226.10.1)

Thanks for trying! Unfortunately, I have no idea for now of what could be the problem here. :confused:

If you really need to get this tool to work now, I would suggest you try compiling Tiled yourself. It could be the easiest to use Homebrew to install Qt (you can follow the compile instructions in the Tiled README.md).

I’ve compiled it but that error pops again.

Anyone else on this list willing to test if tmxrasterizer works on his osx machine?