Trackpad Zooming hasn't worked on macOS in quite a while

Just curious if anyone else has noticed the macOS client fails to zoom via trackpad pinch/expand gestures in quite some time? Not sure if this is the appropriate place to report a bug (Thorsten, please let me know if I can stack this issue on the priorities list some other way). Zooming via trackpad used to work in the map view and (I’m pretty sure) the tileset as well; both are broken now - they rubberband back to the starting position (pre-zoom) at every phase in the gesture.

It would be great to fix this, but I’m lacking the hardware needed reproduce this issue. There is an issue about this on GitHub as well:

I will see if I can get around to trying the pinch zoom with my Wacom tablet in the coming days. If that fails, another thing I can try is to set a bounty on the issue. Feel free to try setting a bounty yourself as well!

Thank you sir! Will look into the bounty. In the meantime, zooming via shortcut keys is a perfectly viable workaround. Cheers

For anyone else running into this on the macOS Sierra port, I just discovered that Com+mouse-wheel zooms in/out about the mouse pointer. So mouse+keyboard offers a viable workaround. Cheers

I forgot to update this thread, but if you check the bug report I linked earlier you’ll see that it was fixed two weeks ago. So if you install a development snapshot, trackpad zooming should work just fine. Please let me know if you still find some problems.

I’d definitely missed the bug marked as fixed! No need to resurrect this obsolete thread… I’ll hold out for the 0.18.3 dist, but will get up on building a dev snapshot if I just can’t take it any longer ! :stuck_out_tongue: God I love Tiled, (perfect time for a plug). You are my Savior.

Maybe I’ll make a 0.18.3, but note that development snapshots are regular builds that are made available for Windows, OS X and Linux (you can find the links on the itch.io download page). There is no need to compile them yourself and they keep themselves up to date (usually I trigger new snapshots about weekly).

I’m happy to hear you love Tiled! :blush: