Hi there - I saw that someone asked about exporting to a binary file a few years ago - was this every done? I am looking at using tiled to export data into old 8-bit machines and am currently using CSV. Thanks!
Tiled ships with several plugins, but none of them implement an official binary map format for Tiled:
- The “droidcraft” plugin is a binary format, but it only supports maps with one tile layer that is exactly 48x48 tiles.
- The “replicaisland” plugin is also a binary format, but it’s similarly game-specific.
- The “tBIN” plugin is more general, but it does not support all Tiled features and I don’t think the format is documented somewhere. This plugin was mainly added for compatibility with Stardew Valley maps.
Your options are basically to:
- Write a custom C++ plugin similar to any of the above, that writes out the map in a way you are comfortable with.
- Write a custom Python plugin, which may be preferable since it does not require compiling Tiled yourself and it is easy to distribute to others.
thanks for the quick response! I’ll look into it.