Hi there - I saw that someone asked about exporting to a binary file a few years ago - was this every done? I am looking at using tiled to export data into old 8-bit machines and am currently using CSV. Thanks!
hgihrise (Allan) #1
bjorn (Thorbjørn Lindeijer) #2
Tiled ships with several plugins, but none of them implement an official binary map format for Tiled:
- The “droidcraft” plugin is a binary format, but it only supports maps with one tile layer that is exactly 48x48 tiles.
- The “replicaisland” plugin is also a binary format, but it’s similarly game-specific.
- The “tBIN” plugin is more general, but it does not support all Tiled features and I don’t think the format is documented somewhere. This plugin was mainly added for compatibility with Stardew Valley maps.
Your options are basically to:
- Write a custom C++ plugin similar to any of the above, that writes out the map in a way you are comfortable with.
- Write a custom Python plugin, which may be preferable since it does not require compiling Tiled yourself and it is easy to distribute to others.
hgihrise (Allan) #3
thanks for the quick response! I’ll look into it.