How to export to Game Maker Studio 2 and then import it on GMS2

Hi everyone,

I’ve seen that tiled can export to Game Maker Studio 2, but when I try to export it in the right format, it’s not recognized by GMS2 so I can’t import it. :frowning:

Any suggestion?

Unfortunately I have to disappoint you, but there is currently no GMS2 export, only GMS 1.4 which used an entirely different format. There are however some other solutions you can try, like GMTiled and GMTiled2, which you can find in the issue about the GMS2 export feature:

I do still hope to get around to the above export option in the future. Maybe you can help realize this feature?

1 Like

@bjorn Alright, thank you for your help! :blush:

@bjorn Sure I can help you, just tell me what you need :slight_smile:

Hmm, I need somebody who knows the GMS 2 file format and can write a C++ plugin to export to that format. :slight_smile:

Failing that I’m not sure actually. You can help make sure I get around to it by sponsoring me on GitHub. You can also try contacting the authors of GMTiled and GMTiled2 to see if they’d like to help build a native plugin for Tiled. I’m here to help with the C++ plugin part at least, but need to know what it is supposed to write.

I don’t personally have an up-to-date GMS 2. I may still have a copy of the open beta, but I’m not sure if it’ll still work.

Unfortunately I can’t write a plugin in C++, sorry, so I won’t be a good hep for you…