How to add custom properties for a Tile in Tiled 1.0.3

(Dant) #1

Hi,
I have a question like the topic. Here is how i do

• First i added a new Tile layer.

• Then i add a new Tileset (Type:Based on Tileset Image, Embed in map checked) -> OK.

• As in the picture, when i clicked on the tile, The button Add Property was gray out.

• So i click on Edit Tileset and in it, i add properties for each Tile, Ctrl+S.

• When i comeback to my Map nothing changed, the Tile i edited don’t have any new properties.

Did i do it all wrong?

(Dant) #2

Ok, thanks guys i found the solution. For all those who have same probs as me (may be not many ) In edit tile set, click the Terrains icon, the picture icon next to the blue rect and circle, then add custom properties for tile in there.

(Thorbjørn Lindeijer) #3

In fact, the important bit is that you should not open the Tile Collision Editor. This is a common stumbling block since it means you’re adding custom properties to the implicit “Object Layer” attached to a tile for adding collision shapes.

In the upcoming release of Tiled I will take out this functionality since it serves no real purpose and has already confused multiple people. It just isn’t entirely trivial so I haven’t yet found the best way to remove it.

I’m sorry for the confusion caused!