Tile Properties

Hi,

I dont understand how to correctly use the custom properties. I have a tileset and on that tileset I made an animation of 3 tiles. When I am now on my tilemap I can add this animation to my map. Now I want to add a custom property to this specific tile i placed on the map, not the general tile defined in the tileset. For instance, lets say the tile is a some kind of portal which should teleport. I want it to have a string property telling the map name where to teleport to. If I define it on the tileset, the tile will always teleport to the same location, but I want multiple instances of that tile and I want to be able to set the map name of the tile on my tilemap, so I can have the same tile twice, one of it leads to map1 and the other to map2.

Thanks

Hi,

The only way to do that is to use an object layer and place the tile as an object, then you may add properties to that tile object.

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for your answer. That worked out quite well, I didnt noticed that for objects it is different. Thanks :slight_smile: