Last Friday I worked on the Tiled Bountsource page in preparation of its announcement to people who followed me, starred Tiled or forked Tiled. The first update was sent Friday rather deep in the night.
Right now, I'm a little sad that this work has only lead to two one-time donations and no new monthly supporters. I will keep the focus on Patreon as the platform to support my work, since I think having two pages is not worth the confusion. Also, while Bountysource has some nice features, Patreon currently wins in terms of communication with supporters, which I think is a big plus.
Yesterday was an eventful day with lots of small things done and two closely related convenience features added for Tiled 0.14.
I started the morning reviewing a pull request from Jake Petroules that improved the Qbs project files. I find it awesome that this guy, who's actually a developer of Qbs, spends time helping the Tiled project to use it properly. The improvements were mainly for building Tiled on OS X, where I hope to eventually also replace the usage of qmake with Qbs. On Linux and Windows, I already recommend people compiling Tiled themselves to use it instead of qmake.
In the afternoon I made the tile selection in the Tilesets view synchronize with captured tiles from the map view. This had actually been requested already almost a year ago and then it was requested again a week ago. It just made sense to add it, since it makes it much easier to find out which tile is used somewhere in certain situations, as well as providing quick access to its properties and its animation/collision information.
Then I did a similar thing when the user selects a tile object. It does not actually select the tile in the Tilesets view, because I am afraid that this would be annoying since it would affect which tile is then inserted by the Insert Tile tool. But it does synchronize the tile animation and tile collision editors to show the associated tile, closing another feature request made three months ago.
I spent some time unsuccessfully trying to find the cause of a recent crash report on Windows 10 (any help to reproduce this welcome).
Finally I made Tiled compile with Visual Studio 2013 again, mostly in order to enable 64-bit Tiled builds on AppVeyor, including to produce a Windows installer. These builds will not come with Python support for now, but they're there mainly for those with > 3 GB memory requirements for editing their maps.
Summary of issue activity on GitHub
6540... Updated Japanese translation - Applied
#822 UI pattern for collision editing from map - Implemented
#846 Tiled Collision Editor not working - Duplicate
#910 App crash when i changed settings. - Duplicate
#977 Open collision editor from the tile object context menu - Implemented
#1072 Qbs build improvements - Merged
#1076 Suggestion: implement support for exporting files to the Unity engine. - Out of scope
#1078 Updated Czech translation - Merged
#1080 Updated French translation - Merged
#1082 Win 10 constant crash - Duplicate
#1083 Support middle click + drag to move palette - Duplicate
#1085 Tiled crashes when it cannot use Hardware accelerated drawing OpenGL - Duplicate
I'm aiming to release Tiled 0.14 before next Monday, so that I will be able to focus fully on the tasks leading up to Tiled 1.0 from then on.