I finally got my Tiled map loader to a point where it’s useful for development. In around 300 lines of code, ponytiled loads a sub-set of Tiled layers, tilesets and image collections. Built in plugin hooks and extensions make it easy to add support for many custom object types.
We are also just finishing a free “platformer” framework that shows the code in action on CoronaLab’s free SDK. This should be released in the next week or so… (Here’s a sneak peak.)
Grab the library here, and follow @ponywolf on twitter to find out when the demo (and source for the demo) will be released.
- Loads .LUA + JSON exports from tiled
- Adds basic properties from tiled including physics
- Supports object layers and tile layers
- Supports collections of images and tileset images
- Supports object x/y flipping and re-centering of anchorX/anchorY for Corona
- Particle plugin
- Rectangle shape with fillColor and strokeColor support
- Polygon import with physics support for edge chains