Some tiles (on visible layers) not rendered in editor

Hello,

I started to use Tiled very recently, having fun playing around with this awesome tool!

Yesterday, I noticed something strange, and since I’m a newbie, I don’t know whether it’s due to something I did or whether there might be a bug.

I was editing a map with 4 tile layers, and in the Minimap and also in the exported PNG file, some tiles were showing up which were not visible in the main editor window.

The strange thing is that, as far as I can tell, that could not be due to the visibility of the layers, because I had all layers on visible and the non-displayed tiles were on the same layer as some displayed tiles.

What was also weird was that the problem fixed itself (i.e., the top row tiles became visible) when I tried lowering the layer in the layers panel.
I think it can’t be due to overlapping with tiles on other layers, because a) if anything, then lowering would hide them, not make them visible, b) there are no tiles on those positions in the other layers, and c) afterwards, lowering or raising the layer did not change the visibility.

It was as if just the rendering suddenly refreshed itself and became aware of those tiles.

I also looked at the tmx file in a text editor, and there are indeed those tiles there, it just seemed as if they weren’t displayed correctly.

I’m using version 1.7.2 on Windows 8.1.

Here’s a screenshot; the minimap shows some brown bars and a grey thing in the top row (left from earlier editing), and those are not shown in the main editor, even though are on the same tile layer as the pool table, the round table, and the pool cues.

Thanks for any insights!