Suggestion for map export

Hi there,
I would suggest adding the ability to choose what properties/values get exported. For instance, my game doesn’t need to know about the objects’ Rotation, Flipping, Width and Height, so this data just bloats the final map file with useless info. Maybe a checkbox next to each field, those that are checked off gets exported. Or even a tab in the preferences. This might lead to quicker map load time.

This is a great piece of software, I will donate when I can. Cheers.

Hmm, right, the Lua and JSON formats generally include most information even at their default values. In contrast the TMX map writer mostly takes care to leave out anything at its default value. I’m more inclined to start leaving out things that are at their default value than to introduce options to not save certain things. The only downside is that it will break libraries and frameworks that are relying on the attributes to be there.

In the long term, I’d like to have options to turn off certain features, but then they should disappear entirely from the UI rather than just be silently excluded from the export.

Thanks! If you feel like you can’t afford to donate, consider becoming a patron at a $1/month level for example. Tiled has plenty of users to support a full time developer at such a level of support. I just need to find a way to get them to become patrons. :slightly_smiling: