Can objects from GameMaker Studio 1.4xx be imported into Tiled?

Hi @bjorn ,

First of all I can’t thank you enough for making such a great program a reality. I was wondering if I would be able to import and export objects from GMS 1.4xx intoTiled. Given that making levels is a lot easier and faster using Tiled, I wanted to know if there was a way to import my objects to it to completely stop using GMS’s horrible room editor. Thanks a lot in advance, and have a good one :).

Tiled currently can’t import or export GMX objects, it can only export maps as GMX room files, where objects that have a type associated with them will become object instances in the room file.

I have considered that maybe it makes sense to support loading all objects in a GMX project as a tileset. For the sprites though, Tiled doesn’t yet support setting individual origin points (#1427), though the feature isn’t far off.

It could help, if you describe the functionality you need in a little more detail. Like, what exactly do you expect a GMX object to be in Tiled, and does it already support all needed properties or rendering features? Note that I have personally never used GameMaker, except for testing out and improving the room export functionality in Tiled.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to reply @bjorn :).

What I would want Tiled to be able to do is render the object/s, and have the object/s be recognized by GMS1.4xx after exporting the room from Tiled to it. That would save an extremely painful amount of time placing and removing objects from the room.

yes, that’s be an excellent idea, though I am not sure how you’d implement that. If objects can be importing into it…man I’d cry you a river XD. Thanks a lot for the good work brother. If you need more info/ want me to be even more detailed, don’t hesitate to let me know. There’s also a program called, GMare (GameMaker Alternate Room Editor),which allows you to import tile sets and objects into it. It is a great tool, but it is outdated, and with some bugs. The guy working on it has gone on a very long hiatus, and that is good story with no current happy ending. The problems that program has is that it crashesh when the room is either too big or too small :/.