Image offset in isometric collision editor

Are any plans to fix this? I would like the image to be aligned in the center so the grid outline makes more sense. Changing it would break loaders but it’s probably something to aim for in the future. Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-03-02 at 3.02.18 PM

Can you please clarify what the problem is? The sprite seems reasonably aligned to the object, and it seems your object is offset, rather than the image?

I wanted the tree centered over the middle of the grid so that 0,0 is the top left corner of the grid. I had to some tricky math to get 0,0 to be where I expected it to be but it would be better if the image was actually aligned to the mid-x position. Hope that makes sense.

I agree it might make sense to allow the image to be centered, but it would need to be introduced as an option. Currently tiles on tile layers are always bottom-left aligned.

However, what if your next tree has bigger branches on one side? I think what you may really be looking for is a per-tile offset. That’s on the list of stuff to implement since a while already:

That would be good also! Anything so that we can rely on 0,0 of our collision shape being the top-left corner of the isometric grid. That would be very helpful so we don’t need to bake in confusing maths into our engine. Thanks!