Insert Image as Object

Hi,

Can you insert an image (jpg/png) as an object?

I have a map which is 100 x 100 squares, each square being 50px.

What I want to do, is to insert images of various sizes (in 50px increments) onto the map and be able to drag and position them as required. This would allow me to create city size maps with a 5ft = 50px. The images I want to insert would be of buildings/statues/gardens…etc. 1 building could be 3x4 squares (150px bt 200px) whilst another being 6x8 squares (300px by 800px) or even a city block (see http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/5371/Heroic-Maps).

With these being objects I could easily drag and drop/re-arrange as required until I am happy with the design. Final satge would be to export.

The final result would be a map that I could import into Fantasy Grounds (http://www.fantasygrounds.com).

Hope you can help/advise.

Regards,

Wemo.

Certainly, you can add images as individual tiles to a “Collection of Images” tileset and place them using the “Insert Tile” tool, after which you can move them around freely and scale them as well.

You’re making some really nice maps there and I hope you’ll find Tiled useful!

this does not work
I press insert tile, it only puts one tile on the map in the object layer even if I selected many tiles

Are you looking for a randomized spraypaint-like placement tool? I’d say that would be an interesting candidate for script, but Tiled currently lacks such ability.

If not, could you describe the exact behavior/features you would describe as it “working”?

You mean it does work, except it only works for single tiles. Indeed, you can’t insert multiple tiles that way. That is only supported on tile layers.

But in most cases when I add an Image to an Object the xml will not save the Propertys like type which i set on the object is this a bug?

<object id="5" name="Monster" type="Monster" gid="111" x="352" y="160" width="16" height="16"/>
   <object id="11" gid="111" x="400" y="160" width="16" height="18"/>

the first object is the one which is working the second one occurs most at the time on my editor i dont know how i get it to work like the first layer

I encountert a bug i Think after editing the Type which is set on the Tilset its gonna be saved on the object layer can we fix it ? it broke my logic

To replicate it just make an Tileset (my one based on images) give a tile a specific type like “Monster” playe it as a tile in the Object Layer save it look at the xml no where does “Monster” appear on the object after editing the type to somethign else like “Monster2” and saved it appears in the xml and will work correctly otherwise its impossible for me to extract the property type because its not in the xml

@Mustiii Please don’t resurrect old threads to report issues you’re having.

In any case, the type is not saved for each object because it is inherited from the tile. It would needless duplicate information, and also if you would later change the type on the tile it would not affect previously placed objects since it would be considered “overridden” if saved explicitly.

That said, there is an option to save the type when exporting the map, you can find it in Preferences > General > Export Options > Resolve object types and properties. This option will apply the inherited values (both type and any properties) while exporting the map (as opposed to saving it).