Rectangular select

Hi. Rectangular select is the paint equivalent of select, correct? I was able to select and move groups of tiles just fine, but now, no matter what I try, I can’t select anything.

Is there something I could have done to disable the ability to simply select and move objects if I want to adjust their placement?

Thanks!

I’m not entirely sure what you’re doing. Tiled has two different selection tools - one for tiles (Rectangular Select), another for objects (Select Objects). The tool that is selectable and usable depends on the layer type you currently have selected. You named the tile selection one, but then you spoke of Objects. What exactly are you trying to do? Do you perhaps have the wrong layer selected?

I’m not entirely sure either lol.

I’m missing something. I have my tile sets, everything’s working fine, I’m placing my tiles, making adjustments as I see fit, etc then everything stops working for some reason I can’t fathom.

I only have one tile layer. It’s not locked or anything, as far as I can tell.

Could you show a screenshot of Tiled? Maybe I can spot something weird selected.

If “everything” stops working, maybe you’ve accidentally locked your layer by clicking the little lock icon near the layer name? Whoops you said you checked that.

Thanks for your help. I’m having a much easier time with it.

What was the problem?

Not sure. Probably too busy encountering whole other problems;p