Request new Feature

Hello,
I have some feature requests:

1. Paste a group of objects into original Layer. For example: I select object A in layer LA, and object B in layer LB. At this version, when I select Layer LC and paste, all object will be pasted in Layer LC, please add a feature: “Paste in original Layer” so A can paste in LA and B can paste in LB.

2. Right click in a Tile Image in Tileset Tab, or right click to an object in Map Tab, in the context menu, should have:
    “Open / Edit This Tile Image” → It will execute the Windows App (i.e. Photoshop or Paint) to edit that Image.
    “Show This Image in Windows Explorer” → So we can locate the file path immediately.

3. Multiple objects scale vertical/ horizontal. At this time it scale both dimension at the same time when I select multiple objects.

4. In Tiled 1.8, when put a new Object to map, I cannot press “X” or “Y” to flip it. I must press Esc first, then X or Y. This is a bug only in 1.8.0 (Version 1.7.2 is good).

1. This was requested recently, and would definitely be useful. If you need this behaviour urgently, it could be implemented via scripting, though it’d need separate shortcuts and menu items from the usual so it wouldn’t be as convenient.
  2. This would be quite nice! At least “Open Containing Folder” would be useful, and consistent with the option available for maps and tilesets. Although it’s called “Open Containing Folder”, it opens with the file also selected (at least on Windows). When multiple tiles are selected, all the (unique) images should be opened when “Open Containing Folder” runs.
  3. The current behaviour feels like a bug, honestly.
  4. I’m guessing you’re talking about Tile Objects? This is to do with X and Y now changing the flip flags when the Insert Tile tool is active. X and Y still work, but they’re flipping the next object to be placed rather than the one you just placed. I don’t see how this can be “fixed” without breaking the newly added behaviour.

While looking at #4, I also noticed that for Tile Objects, Horizontal Flip not only sets the appropriate flip flag, but also rotates them 180 degrees, and moved them over. For an object rotated 90 degrees, the same happens with Vertical Flip instead.