zIndex and Priority not working properly -- using RMMV software

Hi!
I’ve been trying to work with TileD, specifically trying to use it with the RPG Maker MV software, but I’ve run into an odd issue, and I’m not sure how to work around it.

I have two layers on the zIndex 5, above player property, with different priorities, and they seem fine in the editor, but once I play test it, the images don’t seem to follow the parameters.

Here’s what I mean (sorry about the image, the forum won’t let me post multiple pictures since I’m a new user):

As you can see I set two different layers, one with the objects the player can walk behind on (“AboveObjs”) and another one with the tent flaps to partially block those objects (“Upper”) and even after playing around with the priorities I can’t get it to work properly.

I’m really not sure what I’m doing wrong…I’ve looked at online tutorials and read the files that come with TileD. If there’s anything you can do to help, I’d really appreciate it!
Thanks in advance!

This is really a question for the authors of the Tiled plugin for RPG Maker MV. I personally do not know how zIndex and priority are supposed to play together, but I wonder why the zIndex is the same when the drawing order is important. To Tiled, only the order of the layers matters of course.