New and confused

Hello! I just joined this forum and have a few questions about using Tiled. Let’s start with an easy one. Why is it that when I create a new layer, I can’t place a new tile on top of one that’s already placed on a previous layer? For instance, I’m using the “desert” tileset from the examples; why can’t I place a bush atop a sand tile?

Thanks for listening and responding.

Since you actually can, my question to you is, what makes you think that you can’t?

In this particular case, the bush tile includes a sand background which makes any tiles on layers below the layer where the push is placed invisible. When the bush tile is changed to have a transparent background, then it could be placed on a layer above the ground layer and the tile from the ground layer would show through.

Makes sense. My next question is: Once I’ve made a tileset with the source “a collection of images”, how do I add images to it?

I wish I could point to the manual, but I didn’t write this part yet.

When you edit an image collection tileset, you can find “+” and “-” buttons on the tool bar to add/remove images from it. You can also drag images onto the tileset from your file manager.