Unable to install

Hello!

I just downloaded "tiled-0.16.1-win64.msi"
I am running Win7 64bit

When I try to install, it gives me a message box telling me “Installation directory must be on a local hard drive.”

I can’t install on my C drive or the D partition, even when I make no change to the default install directory. No clue what I’ve done wrong.

Any idea what the issue might be?

Cheers,
dsn

Could you try running the installer as administrator? (is probably an option when right-clicking the msi file)

Alternatively, open the Command Prompt (Admin) and execute the installer as follows:

msiexec /i "tiled-0.16.1-win64.msi"

If this doesn’t work either, try the non-installer based distribution. This is currently only available for the snapshot builds and you’ll need 7-zip installed. You can find them at https://update.mapeditor.org/snapshots-win/.

1 Like

No option to run as admin from context menu of installer (logged in as admin).

However, cmd prompt worked.

Thank you, wonderful sir!

Ok. I’ll just note, that being logged in as admin doesn’t mean that everything you run is running with administrator privileges (fortunately).

Nice. Still, it’s strange that this was needed. Normally, the installer asks for administrator privileges when it is run and the error message you received was also weird. I hope not too many people run into that.