Where can i get documentation of tiled source code?

I want to implement some features and willing to contribute however as i explore source code,i guess if there exists any documentation that explains the source code hierarchy? if there exists no such documentation ,what is the best approach to get started with source code?

@Keshav_Sharma there isn’t a documentation on the source code, as far as I’m aware.

Regarding contribution, you can take a look here: https://github.com/bjorn/tiled/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md

You can find the source code in the src folder where the code has been divided into multiple folders. For most of the features you can start by playing around with code in src/libtiled (the Tiled library which contains various definitions and methods for Tile, Layer, Map, etc. which power the whole source code of Tiled) and src/tiled (the main source code of the Tiled application).

You can take a look into existing pull requests which implement simple features to get an idea of codebase and how you can get started with it.

Regarding documentation, I think it will be a nice idea to write a small guide for new contributors. What do you think @bjorn?

1 Like

Yes, it would definitely be nice to have a guide for newcomers regarding the overall design. I’m sure it would even be useful for myself sometimes… But for now it doesn’t exist and the only good news I’d have is that I think in general the code is pretty clean and it does at least have some inline comments.

1 Like