Dark theme for the forum

Any chance a dark theme could be added? It’s hard on the eyes to switch from Tiled’s default theme, which is dark, to the mostly-white forum.

From what I understand, a dark theme comes with Discourse but must be enabled by the admins (“Theme can be selected by users” should be checked for the Dark theme).

1 Like

Alright, I’ve added a “Dark” and a “Grey” theme and enabled an extension that enables quickly switching between themes in the hamburger menu.

For now the Tiled logo in the upper left looks very bad in those themes. I’ll see if I can fix that up.

1 Like

Thanks! Both of these new themes look great. The logo isn’t perfect, but it’s not glaringly bad.

I think the Aseprite forum just did the lazy thing and inverted theirs for the dark theme.

tiled-logo-dark%26light
Web Header

TiledLogo_ForumHeader
Forum Header

Maybe something like this could help?

Thank you @joshua_keyes for bringing this up again and for your suggestion! Indeed using an outline would make the logo work on both themes, but I think it gets a little visually cluttered at small size.

I’ve had a look and found a theme component that enables alternative logos, which was easy to install. So now I could specify a different logo for the grey and dark themes, and I’ve used the chance to also finally update the light theme logo to look a bit sharper. :slight_smile:

2 Likes