Exporting tileset properties?

I’m trying to figure out the best workflow for sharing tilemaps between maps. I see you can export and import tilesets, which I have done successfully, however I cannot seem to make changes to tile properties to affect the all the maps.

I thought I might be able to do this my importing the tileset, making the changes to properties and reexporting, but this didnt work.

This is the main shortcoming I’m working to fix for the Tiled 1.0 milestone. But it’s not trivial and so far it’s leading to a rather big overhaul of the UI.

This should actually work, but it’s tricky. Try overwriting when exporting and then restarting Tiled. As long as your maps are referring to this external file, it should pick up changes saved to it. In any case, I’m really looking forward to getting rid of that hacky workflow.

Ah that’s great. I was wondering if this might become a feature and I’m glad to see it’s in the works.

I must say I’m very impressed with a lot of the recent and planned additions. I’d previously only used Tiled for smaller projects, but didn’t feel it was suitable for larger projects I had in mind. For those I was planning on doing something custom. However, after recent changes I’m very confident that Tiled will be suitable for the larger projects. Keep up the great work! :slight_smile:

That’s great to hear!

Of course, it is all thanks to generous donations from patrons and people buying Tiled on itch.io, that has allowed me to spend one full day a week on Tiled since a year now, and hopefully soon even two days per week. Without this support, I would not have been able to reduce my working hours and Tiled would likely have remained in maintenance mode. I’ll definitely do my best to keep it up!