I don't understand how to use terrain brush/set to create a path

I’ve been trying to use this guide (Using Terrains — Tiled 1.8.4 documentation) to make a path without the grass, but I honestly can’t understand how to do it, can anyone help me? I’m using the little 2x2 path in the top left corner in this tilest: https://candacis.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/a2_spring_by_candacis.png?w=2000&h=

Anyway thank in advance for the help!

This tileset doesn’t have enough tiles to be used with Tiled terrains. It’s in RPG Maker’s compressed autotile format, in reality these tiles are split up into half-size minitiles and rearranged into the full set of tiles in RPG Maker, they’re not used directly as they are. Tiled can’t do this for you automatically, that’s why you’re struggling to label and use these tiles.

You’d need to slice these tiles up and rearrange them into the full set of tiles yourself. You can find some links to tools to automate this process here.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t think RPG Maker’s tiles were different than the one normally used on tiled ahah!
Anyway thank a bunch for the help, I’ll try to follow that guide!

Most RPG Maker tiles are just normal tiles that can be used in Tiled just fine, it’s only the Autotile ones that are different. You’ll usually find the autotile tilesets labelled A1, A2, A3, A4 (these just distinguish different arrangements of autotiles).
They can be used as normal tiles in TIled too, but as you’ve noticed, they’re not very useful, and are much more effective if you expand them into proper tiles, like RPG Maker does under the hood.

1 Like

Oh, I understand! I tried to do that and it worked nicely!
I want to make another question that has nothing to do with all of this: When I put another layer on top and put new tiles in there, and than I switch again to the lower layer, those things become “transparent”, is there any way to not make them “transparent”?
Anyway thank again for the help, I appreciate it!

Sounds like you might have “Highlight current layer” enabled. You can disable it in the View menu, or with the keyboard shortcut (H by default).