Making a terrain from this wall

Sprite-0001

I’ve trying to create a terrain of this wall, but I failed miserably. I’ve seen many other examples, but they’re not similar to this case, so imitation doesn’t work. Can someone with more experience point me in the right direction?

There are not enough tiles here for Terrains. Is this the entire set of tiles to do with the wall? If so, you’re out of luck, you will not be able to make a Terrain with this, or get much use of these tiles in general.

If there are more tiles:
Terrains can only partially handle this. You would define an Edge terrain just for the top of the wall. The vertical part of the wall would have to be added separately, not via Terrains. You can add it manually, or via Automapping. The Automapping documentation includes an example of adding the vertical part of a cliff that is very similar to this.

Just one additional note. It often helps to first try to place the tiles manually, without using the Terrain Brush or Automapping features. After fixing up your image to be not scaled nor strangely cropped and playing around with it, I found out the set is meant to be used as 8x8 tiles and can be placed using the Terrain Brush as a Corner set:

Now, the Terrain Brush will not be able to place the front side of the wall (the part above is just manual fiddling). This is something you can do with Automapping. See the RPG Cliffs example in the documentation.

2 Likes

First of all thank you both for taking the time to help me, I really appreciate it.

That’s exactly what I’ve been looking for @bjorn! Thank you. I can place the front side manually, the most time-consuming part if the top, and with this simple configuration I can save myself a lot of work.