Map rendering ~30% of tiles as black

I’ve been using the latest version of Monogame and Monogame.Extended and Tiled and have built several successful maps and rendered them in my game with no problems (using render targets). I just created a new map which is the biggest map I’ve tried to create thus far (70x100 tiles) (tile size 16px x 16px). My tile set is a ground layer PNG that is full size 1120x1600 and I’m breaking that up in the tile set by 16x16 tiles and using everyone one of those tiles (7000 unique tiles). Hope that makes sense.

The lower (about 30 rows of tiles) are rendering black instead of the tile image that it’s mapped to. I’ve deleted and recreated the map and tried a bunch of things with no success. I only have 1 tile layer in the map at this point for troubleshooting. In my code I’ve commented out all other draw calls to make sure it wasn’t something else.

Is there a limit on the number of separate tiles in a tile set? Anyone have any ideas on why this might be happening? Thank you!

If the tiles appear fine in Tiled and the issue appears only in Monogame, then the problem is probably with Monogame or your game code, and the Tiled forum isn’t likely to offer much help.

There are no limits in Tiled on the number of tiles in a single tileset (within what Tiled can address in a single map, which is on the order of millions if not billions of tiles).
If a particular part of the map is rendering incorrectly, the problem is probably your draw code, or some sort of memory limitation in Monogame. The former is much more likely. Common issues to check: that you’re not mixing up map width/height when iterating your map (whether in loading it, or rendering it); if you’re splitting the map into chunks at runtime, that you’re doing so correctly, and that you’re rendering all the relevant chunks.

Thank you @eishiya! I will post something in the Monogame forum.