Problem with isometric maps in Game Maker Studio

Exporting isometric maps (both staggered and unstaggered) as game maker rooms makes the map tiles have spaces between them.

Example:

What it looks like in tiled:
tiled look

What it looks like in Game Maker:
gm_look

I found something that purports to fix the issue (as well as having some other nice features). But, figure out how to use it. It’s a java .jar file. When I place the .jar in the same folder as my tmx file and type in the name of the tmx into the program and click Convert, nothing happens. Has anyone been able to successfully use this?

Here is the link: https://github.com/Josh-Cropper/TiledCSVtoGMS/blob/master/README.md

This is currently not supported, though I do plan to get around to it eventually. See the following issue on GitHub:

I have not tried to use TiledCSVtoGMS, you may want to check out its source code for hints as to what may be going on.

I looked at the source, still can’t figure it out :confused:

Does anyone use Game Maker who can help me out on this? I’d really like to use isometric maps. I love Tiled’s workflow. Gamemaker’s map editor is really really terrible when it comes to isometric maps.

Not looked at this in a long time, I’ll go through the code I did and see if I can do a better job explaining how to use it. From what I remember it was something I quickly threw together to help get around the problem for myself.

If I have time and it’s still an issue, I’ll see if I can convert it to GMS2 as well.

I know this thread hasn’t been active in a year, but I was hoping to see if anyone has found a solution to this problem or figured out how to use the tool linked on github. I can’t for the life of me figure out how it’s supposed to work and I’m having this exact issue