Terrain brush size?

I’m just learning to use this program. I’m trying to set up some terrain brushes.

When I paint with the terrain brush, it automatically paints out a 3x3 section. Is there any way to reduce that size so it only paints a single tile? (but still alters those around it in the 3x3 section.)
With this current size I can’t paint in small areas. I could logically have a group of 2x2 tiles painted to match the terrain, just being two corners placed next to each other. But I can’t paint them with this brush if it automatically fills three tiles.

Hold down Ctrl, that will paint corners rather than whole tiles, effectively making a 2x2 group.

1 Like

I am using Tiled version 1.9.2 and have the same problem. I have created an edge street-terrain set and it aways paints way to much tiles. If i press the Ctrl key this paint/brush area increases even more.

1 Hour Later. I found the solution. You need to make 4 terminator edges. So 4 edges with only one edge marker.

Great that you found the solution and thanks for letting us know! Indeed, without those tiles the algorithm will find no way to stop and eventually gives up.