Tiled wont open

when i try and open tiled it just crashes so i opened it with cmd and i get this error

Error: Cannot load library C:\Program Files\Tiled\plugins\tiled\python.dll: Unknown error 0x000000c1.

im running windows 7 64bit the 32 and the 64-bit versions of tiled won’t work/

Hmm, do you have Python installed and which version of Python is it? I tested Tiled without having Python installed and with having Python 3.7 installed, but maybe this problem occurs when Python is installed but it’s not version 3.7.

i have python version 3.6 and 3.7 installed

I’m having this same issue. I too have python 3.7 and 3.6 installed on PATH

Could the versions be conflicting?

On second check I don’t have 3.6 on PATH

Hmm, we need to get this fixed, but if it crashes instead of just failing to load the Python plugin then I think this may not be so easy. Do you need both 3.6 and 3.7 installed? Does it help to deinstall 3.6?

In any case, you can work it around locally by just deleting the “plugins\tiled\python.dll” file, as long as you don’t need Python plugins for Tiled to work.

I tried that; now it won’t open and it just gives no error whatsoever.

You tried what?

It sounds like you should try uninstalling all versions of Tiled and installing new. I’ve never heard of Tiled not starting at all without error message. :confused:

If the problem persists, it would be nice if you could try compiling Tiled yourself and running it in a debugger, which may shed some light on what is going wrong.