Tiled2Unity: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object"

(Boon) #1

I keep getting this error every time when trying to export my .tmx file into Unity:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object

This happens when I try to load the file into Tiled2Unity. It does export successfully to Unity, but it’s all messed up. I read on a Github Forum that it had to do with tile files being changed location. As much as I tried to reconfigure and reload the tilesets I had on my map nothing worked.

So I just started an entirely new map and remade approximately what I had. It still has the same error. I have four layers–a Main layer (with simple house, path, and grass tiles), two object layers (one the door, one the roof), and a collision layer.

Only the Main layer seems corrupted when it imports into Unity.

Can someone provide me with some instructions on how to troubleshoot this? Thank you!

(Seanba) #2

(Sorry for the late reply)

Hi Boon, it sounds like this was a problem with the Tiled2Unity exporter, right? If you were to paste the whole error message (including stacktrace) I may be able to figure out what has gone wrong.

However, I’ve also made a completely new version of Tiled2Unity (called SuperTiled2Unity) that no longer has any dependency on an exporter. Instead, Unity will automatically import your TMX file into a prefab. You may have better luck with that.