Why won't my project open correctly on another computer?

Hi, I made a map today on my MacBook Air, and I wanted to be able to use it on my home Windows computer. I tried to save the file to a flash drive from my Mac and then bring it over to the Windows computer to use. However, it doesn’t seem to open correctly on the other computer. It says that it is missing the tile sheet files, which I understand, because it was still looking for the saved file on my Mac, but I have no idea how to change where the tile sheets are saved. I used the Export Tileset As button and saved the file to my flash drive and now the project opens, but it has no textures at all. What should I do to fix this?

Correcting the relative links in map files within Tiled is actually a feature I’m currently working on. In the meantime, you can edit your TMX and TSX files in any text editor and make sure that the relative references to external files are correct.

The easiest thing to do is to just put everything in the same directory so you can only use the file names to refer to the other files, without having to get the relative directory part right.

1 Like