Collision Templates

I’m trying to use Super Tiled2Unity for my platformer game, and I’m having trouble with the collision.
I want every tile by default to either have collision, a full 16x16 box around it, or to have no collision.

The only thing I’ve figured out is that I can make a template collision box, and apply it manually to each tile one by one. Is there a way I can apply a collision box to every tile in a tileset?

Nope. You’ll have to add collision manually to each tile.

It’s possible this can be scripted, but unless your tileset is thousands of tiles, it’s probably faster to do it manually. If making the rectangle is too time-consuming, consider doing it by editing the TSX file and copy+pasting the collision data from a tile you’ve already done.

I don’t know how well this would work with Super Tiled2Unity or with your map designs, but another option, and the one that I use for my engine, is to have collision determined by a special set of tiles. Only these special tiles have any collision data, and I “paint” collision with them on another layer. In-game, this layer is only used for its collision and never shown (you could set its opacity to 0, or just delete the visual part of it entirely).