For all of you using Tiled, do you enjoy it?

I’ve always been interested in making 2D RPG games and tilemaps are probably the best match for that. I know Tiled is the most used tilemap editor out there, but having tried it, I really don’t think the interface is that great and I find the entire program to be quite unintuitive. My question really is what do you like about Tiled and what do you not? Also, why has nobody made a good alternative to Tiled yet?

Hey @relindwto6, welcome to the Tiled forums!

Your post was flagged as spam because you typed it suspiciously fast. Can you confirm that you’re a real user?

I know Tiled is the most used tilemap editor out there, but having tried it, I really don’t think the interface is that great and I find the entire program to be quite unintuitive. My question really is what do you like about Tiled and what do you not? Also, why has nobody made a good alternative to Tiled yet?

Please let us know why you found the entire program quite unintuitive. As it stands, you’re not giving any constructive feedback based on which we could make Tiled more intuitive to you.

Regarding alternatives, there are quite a few. Do you need help finding them or did you try a few and considered them no good alternative?