Issues saving Files [Ubuntu 20.04]

Hello

I’m having some problems saving files in my game project folder, which is located on an external USB hard drive.
Tiled displays this error: “Could not open file for writing”

• The hard drive works fine. No problems with other applications(e.g. vscode, krita)
  • The Linux permissions of the folder should allow all read and write operations. (d rwx rwx rwx)
  • I tried disabling safe writing → no effect
  • But I’m able to safe in the user home directory.

I’m using version 1.5 from snap on Ubuntu 20.04 (with Regolith)

Tiled produces this output in the terminal if start the program:
Qt: Session management error: None of the authentication protocols specified are supported
QtSingleCoreApplication: listen on local socket failed, QLocalServer::listen: Unknown error 1
QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type ‘Tiled::Issue’
(Make sure ‘Tiled::Issue’ is registered using qRegisterMetaType().)
propsReply “An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type=“method_call”, sender=”:1.127" (uid=1000 pid=12912 comm="/snap/tiled/2374/usr/bin/tiled " label=“snap.tiled.tiled (enforce)”) interface=“org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties” member=“GetAll” error name="(unset)" requested_reply=“0” destination=“org.freedesktop.NetworkManager” (uid=0 pid=1198 comm="/usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon " label=“unconfined”)"
nmReply “An AppArmor policy prevents this sender from sending this message to this recipient; type=“method_call”, sender=”:1.127" (uid=1000 pid=12912 comm="/snap/tiled/2374/usr/bin/tiled " label=“snap.tiled.tiled (enforce)”) interface=“org.freedesktop.NetworkManager” member=“GetDevices” error name="(unset)" requested_reply=“0” destination=“org.freedesktop.NetworkManager” (uid=0 pid=1198 comm="/usr/sbin/NetworkManager --no-daemon " label=“unconfined”)"
“Object path cannot be empty”
/usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids: No such file or directory

Addition:

• The problems seems also to affect reading filed.
  • The open file dialog is missing/ folders and files

Thanks to everyone who can help me with this issue :slight_smile:

If anyone has the same issue: Using the itch.io version solves the problem.

It seems that only the snap version is “broken”.
The direct download version is fine.

I’m glad its working now.

@JeneLitsch Welcome to the Tiled forum!

Thanks for bringing up this issue. It is because snaps are sandboxed and Tiled only requests read/write access to your HOME directory. Apparently external USB drives need a separate permission. I’ve added this now, so if you install the Tiled snap from the “edge” channel you should be able to access files on USB drives:

But of course you can also keep using the itch.io version.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:
I just tried it again.
Works fine.
Awesome!

1 Like